Monday, July 14, 2008

Great Ride!

Just finished a 30 miler. I felt great the whole time. I gave myself about 2 miles to spin and warm up, then I just cut loose. I was cruising around 22-22.5 mph...right where I want to be for Saturday's race.

I tried a little bit of new nutrition tonight too. I normally use Raspberry Hammer Gels, but I bought a couple of Tropical flavored ones to try on my ride tonight. They each contain 25 mg of caffeine. I read recently that when combined with water and carbohydrates, caffeine ingestion increases the force of muscular contractions. So, I thought I'd give it a try tonight. I wanted to make sure it wouldn't upset my stomach.

My bike legs feel ready for Saturday. I might spin a little bit later in the week, but this was my last bike workout before the race.

No comments: