Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Two Great Days of Riding

Yesterday and today were absolutely beautiful days. And beautiful days are made for riding a bike. I got a 39 mile ride in yesterday and a 32 miler in today.

Yesterday's ride was south to Pesotum on Duncan road, back north again on Duncan to Old Church, Old Church to CR 500E, 500E north to Kirby Ave, Kirby Ave back to Staley, Staley to Windsor to home. The wind was 8-10 mph blowing out of the north, so I had a nice tailwind for the first half of the ride. Coming back was a bit of a slog, but I kind of like those slogs...working hard means getting stronger, faster, and better.

Today I headed out to Homer Lake. I headed east on Windsor until it curves north and intersects Homer Lake Rd. I continued east on Homer Lake Rd to the lake entrance. I took a few minutes and sat by the lake to enjoy the scenery before heading back.

The wind was blowing a steady 8 mph straight out of the east today, so I had to work to get out and got a really nice push coming home.

Both days were sunny and mild, highs were in the upper 60's/lower 70's with clear blue skies...just perfect cycling weather.

I'm trying to make the most of this time between jobs...so far, so good!

No comments: