Wednesday, September 10, 2008

10 Days and Counting...

I've got 10 days until race day. I've been keeping busy with workouts and other junk. Last Sunday I ran in Peoria with my bud, Adam. We entered the Illinois Valley Striders' half-marathon relay and raced as the Pork Avenue Hustlas. I ran a few minutes slower than I wanted, but no one told me that the course was practically all hills...Adam ran well and we ended up winning the Men's Open Relay category. I was surprised. I don't know if we got a trophy or anything - we didn't stick around for the awards ceremony.

I've been feeling a little bit of pain in my left foot and I seem to be developing a bit of a case of Plantar Fasciitis. I've been icing and rubbing, stretching and rolling, hoping to heal up before it gets too bad. I know that the best thing would be to back off on the training, but I can't do that right now...I've got Nationals on the 20th and then another full race weekend on the 27th and 28th. I'll be racing the Charleston Challenge Duathlon, then the Wild Wild Wilderness trail run. After those events, I could take a little time to heal. I need to get healed up for winter running season and marathon training. I'm planning on running the inaugural Illinois Marathon, which would be my first.

I'm going to be packing my bike up to ship to Portland today. I was going to have my LBS do it for me, but I didn't give myself enough time and they were booked up until the 18th. They did give me the box and the packing materials. So, thank you to Champaign Cycle for that. I'll post my process and results once I've gotten the packing job done...

No comments: