Friday, August 13, 2010

Life Gets in the Way

Wow. I haven't done a damn thing fitness-wise in too long.

Between working full-days, finishing up projects at the house nights and weekends, getting everything ready to move overseas, I just don't have enough time left to run, bike, or swim.

I'm at the stage where I might get a workout in and then enough time passes until the next one that I have to battle soreness...again and again.

I will be happy to get to our new home and get settled in. I'm looking forward to discovering new routes to run, riding the miles and miles of bike paths that the Netherlands has to offer, and getting into the water of a world-class zwemcentrum.

I long ago found some races to do when I get to the Netherlands. It's part of my strategy to ease the transition into Dutch life - bring along the familiar. I just hope I get back into shape by then.

No comments: