Monday, August 4, 2008

It's Not the Heat...

Got a five mile run in last night after 9pm. When I went outside, it felt a little bit muggy. I walked to the corner where I normally start my run and the bank clock/thermometer said 80. That's not too bad...I was glad I waited until the evening to go running. The day was really hot, I think the heat index was up over 100.

I wasn't running fast...still had quite a bit of dinner in my belly. This was causing some discomfort and some gas, but not enough to make me stop. After the first 3/4 of a mile, I was already feeling a powerful sweat coming over me. I was drenched from that point on.

When I got home and was entering my workout into my log, I checked the weather stats. 90% humidity! Yuck.

I was glad to get the run in. After Evergreen I think I went through a little bit of a post-success hangover. I met my goal and was dealing with the letdown that followed. After work, when I normally workout, I was feeling a lack of motivation - almost feeling depressed. I couldn't get myself going. I've finally gotten a couple of runs and a bike ride done and I think I'm back on track.

No comments: